Parker's Series 7285 Dragon Breath II Barber Pole Steam Hose provides excellent service across a wide variety of steam applications. The hose is durable, crush resistant and kink resistant for easy handling and long service life, and the distinctive black/red cover is easily identified from any angle and great distances. The rugged cover also resists abrasion, heat and weathering to provide maximum performance. Series 7285 is qualified with economical non-skive permanent crimp couplings for a quick, safe and secure connection.
• General Industrial
• Oil & Gas
• Tube: Black chlorobutyl for superior heat resistance and long service life to 406°F /450°F.
• Reinforcement: Multiple wire braids for extreme strength and durability.
• Cover: Black/red spiral EPDM for abrasion and weathering resistance; perforated for steam service.
• Couplings: Qualified with steel crimp couplings for a durable, safe and secure connection.
• Hot water
• Saturated steam (to 250 psi @ 406°F max)
• Superheated steam (to 250 psi @ 450°F max)
• Cleaning storage tanks/vessels
• Cleaning manufacturing equipment
• Cleaning and heating processing equipment
• Manufacturing and processing plants
• Design Factor: 20:1
• Click here to link to CrimpSource® for current crimp specifications.
• Couplings attached with bands or clamps may reduce the working pressure of the hose assembly to less than the maximum rated working pressure of the hose. Refer to NAHAD Industrial Hose Assembly Guidelines
• Failure to properly inspect, maintain, test and use steam hose assemblies may result in property damage, personal injury or death. Refer to ARPM publication IP-11-1, "Guide for Use, Testing and Inspection of Steam Hose."
• Water changes to hot water and phases of steam when subjected to heat and pressure. The greater the pressure, the higher the temperature required to achieve and maintain a steam phase. If steam escapes, dangerous quantities of heat may be released very suddenly. Exposure to hot water, low pressure steam and high pressure steam may cause severe scalding or fatal burns.
• Use only hoses designated for steam service for steam applications.
• Prior to use with detergents or rust inhibitors, refer to the chemical guide in this catalog or contact Parker.
• Drain steam hose after each use to reduce the possibility of hose popcorning while in service.
Hose Size Range (inch)
1/2 - 1
Maximum Working Pressure (psi)
0.5, 0.64, 0.81
Minimum Temperature (F) - Saturated Steam
Minimum Temperature (F) - Superheated Steam
Maximum Temperature (F) - Saturated Steam
Maximum Temperature (F) - Superheated Steam
70 Series, CS Series
Finish - Cover
Material - Cover
Black and Red EPDM
Hose Inner Tube Material
Material - Hose Reinforcement
2 wire braids
Hose Size Range (mm)
12.7 - 25.4
Maximum Working Pressure (bar)
0.23, 0.29, 0.37
Minimum Temperature (C) - Saturated Steam
Minimum Temperature (C) - Superheated Steam
Maximum Temperature (C) - Saturated Steam
Maximum Temperature (C) - Superheated Steam