CHO-BOND 1038 is a silver-plated copper filled, one-component conductive silicone. It is designed for use as a fillet, gap filler and seam sealant on electrical enclosures for EMI shielding or electrical grounding. Minimum recommended bond line for CHOBOND 1038 is 0.007 inches (0.18mm). In addition, CHO-BOND 1038 may be used for EMI gasket repair, bonding, and attachment in applications where moderate strength (less than 150 psi) is required. CHO-BOND 1038’s moisture cure silicone polymer system allows it to cure to the touch in 24 hours and provides a robust conductive and environmental seal over a wide range of application temperatures. For applications requiring zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or minimal shrinkage, Parker Chomerics offers a solvent free version of CHO-BOND 1038 called CHO-BOND 1121. For best adhesion results, CHO-BOND 1038 should be used in conjunction with CHOSHIELD 1086 primer. Typical applications include man portable electronics, radar and communication systems, EMI vents, military ground vehicles, and shelters.
Features and Benefits:
• One component
• Easy to use, no weighing or mixing required.
• Silver plated copper filler
• Excellent conductivity 0.010 ohm-cm
• Moisture cure silicone
• 30 minute working life, rapid skin formation, 24 hr handling time, requires no pressure during curing, wide range of application temperatures. 1 week for full cure.
• Non corrosive cure mechanism
• No corrosive by-products generated during curing to damage substrate.
• Medium paste
• Easy to dispense, apply and spread, can be used on overhead or vertical surfaces.
• No VOCs version: CHO-BOND 1121
• Minimal shrinkage, no permits or ventilation required.
Volume Resistivity (ohm-cm)
Lap Shear Strength (kPa)
Nominal Hardness (Shore A)
Temperature Range (C)
-55 to 125
Film Thickness (mm)