Ermeto weld nipples, types SKA and SKA-ORB, can be assembled in any EO tube fitting, so that this fitting type has a broad range of applications. Ermeto weld nipples are available in all sizes from 6 – 38/42 in the light and heavy series. The Ermeto weld nipple is welded to the tube end without the O-ring. Assembling beforehand a retaining nut with the right size and orientation should not be forgotten. Special guidelines and regulations may apply to the pre-handling of the tube end, the welding procedure, welding personnel qualifications, post-processing and testing and documentation of the weld connection.
• Press construction
• Heavy machinery building
• Power station construction
• Suitable for general hydraulic applications.
• Ermeto weld nipples can be combined with all EO fittings, resulting in a very broad range of applications.
• The elastomeric seal acts as a primary sealing element, making the connection leak-proof. So maintenance and re-work costs are substantially reduced.
• Even after continuous operation for years under extreme conditions, the soft-seal Ermeto weld nipple connector does not have to be retightened. This means that the connector has a long life and maintenance and servicing costs are noticeably diminished.
• Insufficiently assembled Ermeto weld nipples do not come apart without warning. The user can react early enough because the connectors indicate the problem by leaking and they can be retightened.
• Ermeto weld nipples can be undone and then re-assembled any number of times. The longevity of the connector is thereby increased and costs saved.
Tube Wall Thickness (mm)
06x1.5 to 42x4.0
Connection 1 Tube O.D. (mm)
06 bis 42
Connection 1 Style
24° O-ring weld nipple
Connection 2 Style
Butt weld, Butt weld (orbital)
Light/Heavy, Light, Heavy
Weld nipple, Weld nipple (orbital)
Maximum Working Temperature (C)
+250 Steel, +400 Stainless Steel
Maximum Working Temperature (F)
+482 Steel, +752 Stainless Steel
Maximum Working Pressure (bar)
Maximum Working Pressure (Mpa)
Maximum Working Pressure (psi)
Minimum Working Temperature (C)
-40 Steel, -60 Stainless Steel
Minimum Working Temperature (F)
-40 Steel, -76 Stainless Steel
DIN ISO 8434
Agriculture Equipment, Automotive Process, Chemical Transfer, Construction Equipment, Fuel transfer, Hydraulic, Manufacturing Equipment, Marine, Material Handling, Mobile Equipment, Oilfield, Packaging, Transportation
Weldable Steel, Stainless steel
Please configure part to display CAD