Racor Diesel Spin-on Series Replacement Elements
Note 1: Descriptions are accurate at time of publication. Photos are representation only. See Product Support Tab for brochures and other information.
Note 2: Clear Engineering Plastic bowls are an important fuel system inspection item: Inspect for damage, deformation, and discoloration often, and replace as necessary.
Fuel contamination, either in the form of dirt, sludge or water will always find its way into your fuel system. With modern engines now injecting fuel over 2500 bar/36000 psi, and injector tolerances measured in microns, it’s not surprising that even a small amount of dirt or water corrosion can start a major problem. Water or particulates can cause microscopic surface damage, which is then focused on by the high pressure flow, to cause significant wear which will eventually lead to reduced efficiency and complete injector break-down. Racor Diesel Spin-on Series Replacement Eilters use Aquabloc® media to reliably remove dirt and water from diesel and gasoline fuels and help prevent fuel system failures.
How to choose the correct replacement fuel filter:
Racor replacement spin-on elements are available in different sizes for different flow rates. The silk screens are color-coded “Brown” for “2” micron, “Blue” for 10 micron, and “Red” for 30 micron. The smaller the micron rating the finer the filtration. The “2” micron rating is required when there is no additional downstream filtration. 10 and 30 micron are appropriate for pre-filtration, protecting a downstream or engine mounted filter. Ultimately, the micron rating preferred will be a function of fuel quality, operating climates and maintenance schedules.
Note: Fuel filter element replacement part numbers are specifically designed for their particular series assembly and fuel type. Although different series replacement elements may look externally similar, they may have different internal structure. Do not attempt to use one series replacement element on another series type.
1. Find the Racor Series that matches your filter. Refer to Brochure RSL7529 on the Product Support Tab to help identify your series.
2. Confirm the (bowl) Connection type based on the diameter and thread type of the bottom opening.
3. Select the overall element Height that matches the filter element being replaced.
4. Choose the Outside Diameter size that matches the filter element being replaced.
5. Select the Element Type (Micron Rating) that matches the filter element being replaced.
6. Confirm the Thread Type (Top thread connection)
7. Attributes can also be selected from the above in any order.
How It Works:
Racor Diesel Spin-on Series filters use Aquabloc® media to reliably remove dirt and water from diesel and gasoline. Aquabloc® media is pleated, corrugated, and arranged for optimum water rejection and longest service life. Fuel entering the filter head is diverted downward past the vertical media pleats, allowing larger water droplets and contamination particles to fall directly to the collection bowl. Smaller water droplets converge and coalesce on the specially treated media surface until they are large enough to also drop to the collection bowl. Small contamination particles are stopped at the surface of the Aquabloc® media, while even smaller particles are held deeper in the media layers. The result is the driest, cleanest motor fuel available for your engine.
These fuel filter/water separators are designed for high performance applications, and will help your engine perform better than ever with clean, water-free fuel. The filter body is protected with a durable electrostatically applied powder coating for superior corrosion resistance. This spin-on filter design is simple to service, and the reusable clear engineering plastic or metal contaminant collection bowls feature a self-venting drain for draining out collected contaminants and water.
• High contaminant holding capacity replaceable elements provide long service life
• Corrosion-resistant coatings and construction
• Aquabloc® media is standard
• Gasket and o-ring materials designed for use in diesel or gasoline
• The Parker global support and distribution network ensures that you can find our products where ever you are in the world
• Product is built in an ISO TS 16949 quality system environment to ISO 14001 Environmental requirements.
• Note: Clear bowls in gasoline systems are a routine inspection item: Inspect for damage, deformation, and discoloration often, and replace as necessary
• Power Generation
• On or off Highway
• Truck and Bus
• Any engine fuel filtration application
Diesel Spin-on FF/WS
98% @ 4, 10, 20, or 30 Micron depending on product selected. (20 micron elements only available in Europe.)
Racor replacement elements are designed to flow inside to outside, or outside to inside the media assembly. Filters with a center plunger type priming pump are always inside to out flow.
Racor replacement elements have an open threaded end at the bottom of the can. After part selection, an example (basic) mating bowl part number will be displayed here.