SOFT-SHIELD 5000 Series gaskets offer a low cost and high performance EMI gasketing solution for commercial electronic systems. The high reliability conductive fabric over foam core construction provides a cost effective alternative to beryllium copper or stainless steel fingerstock EMI gaskets.
Applications for these conductive fabric over urethane foam core gaskets include; commercial electronic enclosures, medical electronics and general industrial applications. The variety
of available cross-section profiles allow for very low closure forces, thus offering a minimization of the number of necessary fasteners for easy, user friendly installation, without an effect to shielding effectiveness. Cut-to-length strips of gasket are self terminating thereby enhancing the reliability of the application. The urethane foam core has excellent compressibility making the gasket material especially attractive for thin-walled plastic enclosures. Gaskets are offered standard with a UL 94 V-0 flammability rating.
• Low closure force required for optimum performance.
• Provides shielding effectiveness over 90 dB from 10 MHz to 10 GHz.
• Silver nickel-plated, woven, ripstop nylon jacket over highly compressible urethane foam core.
• Supplied standard with a pressure sensitive acrylic based adhesive (PSA)
• Self terminating jacket – no loose fibers or sharp edges when gasket is cut.
• No degradation of shielding effectiveness after 10,000 deflection cycles.
• Supplied in standard 8 foot lengths in multiple cross section styles including rectangular, square, D-shape, C-fold, astragel, P-shape, triangular, and knife-edge with rigid inserts. Custom profiles are also possible.
• Available as kiss-cut parts on polyester film release liner for “peel and stick applications.
• Available as individual pre-cut pieces .
• Single-piece “picture frame” gaskets can also be fabricated from continuous lengths, incorporating integral pre-cut notches.
• UL 94V-0 rated.
• RoHS & REACH compliant
Non-Conductive Pressure Sensitive Acrylic Adhesive
UL 94 V-0
Silver nickel-plated nylon rip-stop fabric
Shielding Effectiveness (dB)
Operating Temperature (C)
-40 to 70